Looking for a Furry Friend? Best Tips for Buying a Happy, Healthy Dog
Whether you have a small family or a large one; whether you live in a small apartment or a large country house, having a furry pet is a wonderful feeling. However, they need a lot of care and love and attention has to be paid to their grooming and good health. It is a reasonable expectation that when you get a furry friend home, he is in good condition and sound health. Here are some tips to keep them well trained and healthy for a long and happy association.
- Ensure that you and your home are ready for a friend to stay for a long time to come. They need a cheerful friendly place where they will feel loved and comfortable with the surroundings. The best electric dog fence can help you create a safe and secure home for these furry pets.
- Go through shelters and kennels and find a reputable one. Visit the facility and see how the puppies and other dogs are kept. You do not want to buy a stolen dog. Similarly, for purebred dogs insist on documentation. Do not buy if you see any red flags.
- Ask for references if you have any doubts. You can ask the other buyers if they have had a good experience with the dog seller.
- Search as much as possible before choosing the right breed that will suit your home and surroundings. For example, some dogs need a large running area while some may be happy in a small apartment.
- Once you decide on the puppy or rather the dog chooses you, then take it to the vet and get it thoroughly examined. Ensure that it does not suffer from any sickness or parasites.
- Get some important preventive medication and basic stuff for the new addition to the family. Bowls, special food, some toys, and chews etc. will ensure that the dog starts feeling loved in the new surroundings.
Buying a dog might be one of the most crucial decisions of your life. So ensure that you provide it all the love and care and create a happy environment. This is going to be a long term association and you will cherish this friend forever.